[Ardour-Dev] ardour3 translations

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 08:23:31 PST 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 1:00 AM, Paul Davis wrote:

> Let me know if you have issues. The issue of adding some context-based
> translation has been raised in the bug tracker

There also should be implementaiton of nplurals.

http://www.gnu.org/s/libc/manual/html_node/Advanced-gettext-functions.html

The most clear example is when you try to add an effect to a track: if
number of channels doesn't match, Ardour pops up a dialog where it
says how many channels the effect requires. Nplurals should be used
for that amount of channels, because e.g. in Russian translation for
"channel" for amounts ending on 1 and 2 are different.

There are at least two more issues like that:

http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=1110
http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=1275

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org