[Ardour-Dev] 14 bit midi control messages?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu May 21 13:04:19 PDT 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Natanael Olaiz <nolaiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I mean that Ardour are taking just the MSB or the LSB (so, I have
> just 7 bit resolution: in just one cycle or in seven fasters, depending of
> which one is used).
>
> As I said, I couldn't test the Berhinger controller, so I sent it by a
> simple pd patch(attached), which does:
>   (value&16256)>>7 goes to controller n,
>   (value&127) goes to controller n+32
>
> I also tried inverting the sequence order, but on both Ardour takes just one
> (or the other) with 7 bit.

Ardour is paying attention to the incoming controller message, and not
looking up the stored controller value. I'd appreciate it if you file
a bug report about this in our bug tracker
(http://tracker.ardour.org/). Not sure how hard it is to fix - we do
the parsing and compute the right value in the MIDI parser, but Ardour
doesn't use that value.

--p