[Ardour-Dev] 14 bit midi control messages?

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Thu May 21 12:09:22 PDT 2009

El 05/21/2009 05:56 PM, Paul Davis escribió:
> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Natanael Olaiz <nolaiz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Sorry for the delayed reply, but just today I made further tests.
>>
>> Ardour automations takes just the most (or less) significant controller, but
>> in any case the full 14 bit range :(
>>

> I regret that I'm not clear what you mean here.

Sorry, I mean that Ardour are taking just the MSB or the LSB (so, I have
just 7 bit resolution: in just one cycle or in seven fasters, depending
of which one is used).

As I said, I couldn't test the Berhinger controller, so I sent it by a
simple pd patch(attached), which does:
    (value&16256)>>7 goes to controller n,
    (value&127) goes to controller n+32

I also tried inverting the sequence order, but on both Ardour takes just
one (or the other) with 7 bit.

Best regards,
Natanael.