[Ardour-Dev] build system, libs, cmdline

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 03:29:05 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Davis"
Subject: Re: [Ardour-Dev] build system, libs, cmdline

> XCode on OS X is probably one of the nicest IDE's around, but if ardour
> had adopted it in some strange parallel universe, linux compilation would
> be a mess.

Thanks Paul.  I think we had this conversation once before and I understand
your historical reticence.  However, if you were considering any IDE at all
I'd certainly recommend taking a look at Code::Blocks.  Not only is it
extremely flexible, it's open source and available for OS-X, Linux-32,
Linux-64 and also Windows.  And (most importantly of all) it has a superbly
helpful & friendly dev team.

John