[Ardour-Dev] Licensing and enforced payments

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Sat Jan 24 11:25:00 PST 2009

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 14:01:51 -0500
Thomas Vecchione <seablaede at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 2:05 PM, John Rigg <arddev at sound-man.co.uk> wrote:
> > A sound engineer I sometimes work with is still using the 0.99
> > system I originally set up for him. His reason is that it does
> > the work he requires of it and it is stable.
>
> Believe me, I am well aware of that attitude in software, and often have it
> myself.

This is why I love how Linux makes it easy to boot into different OS
installations.  I only just gave up the Fedora 7-based installation
of the Planet CCRMA software for the Fedora 9 one.  It took me a while
playing with 9 until I was satisfied that it was at least as stable as
7.  I still have another testing partition for the F9-CCRMA stuff with
the testing repository and newer kernels.

I'm a geek though, and most audio professionals would rather not
play around with this stuff at this level!`

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com