[Ardour-Dev] Licensing and enforced payments

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Jan 22 02:42:00 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 10:48 +0100, Jan Stary wrote:

> Paul, please stop us. Would you ever consider putting a licensing
> code into Ardour's code base that could be turned off with
> --disable-licensing?

No. Though to be fair I don't believe that this is what Patrick was
suggesting.

All this talk about licensing is silly though. What is much more likely
to happen is that any binary downloads from ardour.org will be forced
through an optional donate/pay/subscribe page and then proceed to a
one-time download URL.

--p