[Ardour-Dev] Licensing and enforced payments

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Jan 22 02:56:25 PST 2009

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 10:48 +0100, Jan Stary wrote:
>

>> Paul, please stop us. Would you ever consider putting a licensing
>> code into Ardour's code base that could be turned off with
>> --disable-licensing?
>>

> No.Though to be fair I don't believe that this is what Patrick was
> suggesting.

Your correct. I was suggesting we make it more obvious for binary only
users that they are expected to contribute. The license idea was to
enable/disable a specific feature and not to make it "impossible" to use
the application.

> All this talk about licensing is silly though. What is much more likely
> to happen is that any binary downloads from ardour.org will be forced
> through an optional donate/pay/subscribe page and then proceed to a
> one-time download URL.

Ok.

That's one that wasn't on the list  ;-)

The offer still stands to assist with the website mods. Just let me know
what I can do.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey