[Ardour-Dev] Ardour CD's

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sun Jan 18 21:39:24 PST 2009

Hi,

Here's a couple of items that relate to compiling CD's

1: Made with Ardour CD
2: Ardour Live boot CD

- Item 1 is a music CD with tracks donated or contributed by Musicians
and producers who use Ardour.  We will need someone to volunteer to
collate the tracks and approach studios/musicians to get them on board.
We will need someone to master the CD once it is finished. It may be the
same person. We will need to find a distribution outlet so that we can
actually sell the CD and tracks. We could save a lot of hassle by
putting the final selection on itunes. We will also need a
License/contract which gives Ardour the right to sell the tracks. Maybe
CC-by-sa?

- Item 2 is a Live boot CD with just Ardour running as lean and mean as
possible which can be sent out to studios and handed out at trade shows.
We should also make it available for download via the website. Maybe
also hosted at sf.net to cut down on bandwidth usage and/or distributed
as a torrent.

We could get one of the already existing distributors to create it like
64 studio or we could make it ourselves. Either way we will need someone
to spend a fair amount of effort to put it all together and make it work
so I think an already existing distributor would be most time efficient
way of rolling it out.

IMO, it should boot directly into a running Ardour interface to be most
effective. I will contact Daniel James at 64 Studio now to see if he is
interested.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey