[Ardour-Dev] Ardour CD's

Ben Bell bjb-ardour-dev at deus.net
Mon Jan 19 03:11:35 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:39:24PM +0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> - Item 2 is a Live boot CD with just Ardour running as lean and mean as
A variation on this (or something this could grow into) would be a
maintained reference release of a genuinely useful ardour-centric studio,
both live CD and install-to-harddisk.

 * ardour
 * JAMin?
 * A known-good set of plugins.
 * 100% support for a certain good hardware configs (ice1712, HDSP)

A lot of people ask for hardware recommendations or plugin
recommendations and shipping "supported" ardour distributions. Having
something like this that we can say is the non-techie's guaranteed-to-work
version would be a Good Thing.

We could do this ourselves or with the help of CCRMA, 64studio or
whatever but IMHO it ought to be very much a cut-down distribution that
was just ardour related stuff with only plugins that work.

It would be useful for users to have an installation of ardour that we knew
was configured correctly and for us to have something of a focal point
for the development. "This is the Studio Release of Ardour. Feel free to
install you distribution's version or build your own, but if you want to
build a system from scratch around Ardour, here's how we recommend you
do it."

bjb

--
+-----Ben Bell - "A song, a perl script and the occasional silly sig.-----+