[Ardour-Dev] Ardour and jackdbus

rosea grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 02:24:08 PST 2009

Hi,

Then new Linux audio session handler Ladish, requires, whether you like
it or not, jackdbus (at least till version 1.0) to run. It is likely
that Ladish is useful for people and that they start to use it. I did
some testing with it and it seems that having jackd and jackdbus (both
from same jack2 source) installed on one system is not the ideal situation.

So people who want to use Ladish may end up with only jackdbus installed.

Now I'm doing a bit of research how to deal with this situation best and
how to prepare for it, personal and as 'Linux audio world'.

Now my question is. What implications does this have for the use of
Ardour. Are there disadvantages to use jackdbus with Ardour instead of
jackd? If they exist, is there a way to make this disadvantage as small
as possible?

Thanks in advance,

\r