[Ardour-Dev] PACKAGER_README

Quentin Harley qharley at wbs.co.za
Sun Nov 30 08:33:04 PST 2008

schoappied wrote:
> Quentin Harley wrote:
>> schoappied wrote:
>>> But the essence of it was that public humiliation  can never be
>>> justified imho.
>>
>> Public humiliation is a tried and proven technique, used by mothers
>> all over the world with great effect for thousands of years.
> I don't think you find many psychologist or pedagogics  today, who
> will  agree with your statement...  It does rather harm then good.

Yes, but you miss the point.  FEAR of public humiliation used to keep
kids on the straight and narrow.  The actual humiliation was never
actually used (or needed to be used most of the times).  Works better
than taking a stick to your child, don't you agree?

Fear of public humiliation is the only means we have left to ensure the
GPL gets the respect it deserves.
I know this is the age of the well behaved victim, but personally I
won't stand for that.

Kind regards,
Quentin