[Ardour-Dev] waveform display for master track

Quentin Harley qharley at wbs.co.za
Wed Nov 19 21:45:30 PST 2008

Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> John Rigg wrote:
>>> or don't enable the master track code.
>>>

>> That would be a good solution, as long as nothing extra is still
>> running in the background, and as long as the changes needed to
>> implement this don't introduce bugs that affect other parts of
>> Ardour (difficult to avoid, I suspect).
>>
> Oh well if it's a case of shouldn't do this in case it might not work
> then we should all just go home and sit in the corner for the rest of
> our lives. Don't eat anything cos you might choke. Did you also know
> that breathing will eventually shorten your life expectancy so think
> carefully about doing that too. In fact thinking too hard could be bad
> for your karma so don't do that either.

Patrick, don't blame us for voicing our concerns.  You have an idea, and
it may be a good one.  Just remember that with any new implementation
comes some kind of compromise, and in this case it will be processing
power.  People like John just cannot afford losing some of that at the
moment.  That is all.

No idea ever came to pass without some resistance.  Live with it, and if
this idea is important to you, don't go sob in the corner.

Regards,
Quentin