[Ardour-Dev] Build error (linker error)

Quentin Harley qharley at wbs.co.za
Sat Jan 5 22:50:32 PST 2008

John Emmas wrote:
> Over the Christmas period I decided to create a new partition on my main
> development box and install 64studio on it.  Since then, I've got to the
> stage of making my first attempt at building Ardour.  AFAIK I've installed
> all the necessary libs (including 'dev' versions, where appropriate) but
> when it gets to building the 'gtk2_ardour' branch I get this linker error:-

Hi John,

I have compiled ardour under 64studio quite a few times, while hunting a
bug relating to my control surface.  Did not have this problem though.
Which version (64 or 32bit) are you running, and have you updated your
system to the 64studio testing version?

If I can guess it looks like one of the gtk libraries are not correct.

Hope you find the problem...

Cheers
Quentin