[Ardour-Dev] Build error (linker error)

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jan 6 05:08:05 PST 2008

Thanks Quentin,

> Which version (64 or 32bit) are you running

32-bit (on both machines)

> and have you updated your system to the 64studio testing version?

No I haven't - but I haven't done that on the other machine either, which
builds Ardour okay.

> If I can guess it looks like one of the gtk libraries are not correct.

Possibly - but the only place where I can find a declaration for
'pthread_create_and_store(...)'
is in  /ardour2/libs/pbd/pbd/pthread_utils.h - so I'm inclined to suspect an
environment variable...  e.g. have I maybe forgotten to add something to
my PATH?  Or is there something that conditionally includes parts of
'/libs/pbd'  that I'm not aware of?

I tried cleaning and doing a complete rebuild from scratch but it didn't
solve the problem.

Still a mystery at the moment....  :-(

John