[Ardour-Dev] Ardour 2.3 released

Axel Müller axel-mueller-74 at web.de
Tue Feb 12 14:36:39 PST 2008

Am Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:46:30 +0100 schrieb t_w_:

> Fons Adriaensen:
>
>> * Generally it's a bit too easy to move things accidentally.
>>   There's undo of course but you quickly get tired of this. If you lock
>>   a region it can't be moved at all. Using some modifier key to enable
>>   moving a region would help.
>
> You mean a modifier key to move locked regions, not always requiring a
> modifier to move regions, I assume.
>
> How about just a shortcut to toggle locking?

I remember there once was a discussion on this list about this issue.
Someone had the idea to add a third edit mode (besides slide and splice
edit) where you could do all edits exept moving the regions on the
timeline.

Instead of using a modifier key the idea was to use middle mouse button
if you actually want to move a region on the timeline.

I'm not sure if there ever has been made a feature request in mantis.

Axel "the C.L.A." Müller