[Ardour-Dev] The ignored bug...

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Oct 5 14:04:29 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 22:59 +0200, Quentin Harley wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I have asked many times, opened tickets, and still I get no reply.
>
> I have a Midi enabled Mixer, and I control my Ardour mixer though it.
> It can use MTC as well, and it worked very well in 0.9x versions of Ardour.
>
> When I use MMC and MTC together, I get the following message, hundreds
> of times when I move a fader on my board.
>
> [ERROR]: Session: cannot send quarter-frame MTC message (Bad address)
>
> If I continue, Ardour just clutches out and quits.
>
> Has anyone even looked at the ticket yet?
> Sorry if I sound a bit down, but I love Ardour, and use it for all my
> recording work.  This little bug just stuffs around my work flow, and I
> cannot go back to 0.9x any more :-(
>
> I'll try creating a backtrace, and will send it on if anyone is interested.

i've looked at it. i have no way to replicate it. i can't offer any
comments on it as a result. debugging an issue like this is hard,
requires lots and lots of recompilation, adding debugging output etc
etc. It can't be done via email or a forum, only IRC, and even then, its
a big enough issue that you'd need to hit me "at the right time" there.

i should just check: have you double checked 2.1 for the same error?

--p