[Ardour-Dev] OSC control and Tranzport

Ben Bell bjb-ardour-dev at deus.net
Tue Nov 6 02:10:26 PST 2007

(Forwarding to ardour-dev rather than Paul directly)

I've got a basic OSC based remote control capable of sending instructions
to the transport but really I'd like to get some feedback from Ardour and
do parameterised things like enable record on a given channel.

Paul, you mentioned some example code you'd used to test the functionality.
If you can find it would you mind pointing me at it? I'm guessing that the
interface would be something like /ardour/track/<trackname>/rec_enable
and perhaps I'd be doing /ardour/track/<trackname>/receive_levels or
/ardour/track/<trackname>/<plugin>/receive_automations to register an
interest in various feedback parameters?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree -- is this all intended but unimplemented
functionality? That's sort of what it looks like from the code but not
from what I thought you were saying on IRC.

Final question: on the Tranzport. Is the conclusion that it is just not
possible to interfce with the wheel reliably from userspace or was there
a disagreement about whether it was appropriate? I'm toying with making a
Tranzport <-> OSC or Tranzport <-> MIDI thing but if the upshot of other
people's work is that it's going to be a PITA then I'll spend my limited
time on other things.

bjb

--
+-----Ben Bell - "A song, a perl script and the occasional silly sig.-----+