[Ardour-Dev] importing files

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Thu Nov 1 06:16:30 PDT 2007

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 08:09:45AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 13:12 +0100, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> > Help, 2.1 is driving me crazy !
> >
> > This is what I do:
> >
> > - create new session
> > - create new track, manual setup
> > - in the mixer strip, give this track 9 inputs and 9 outputs
> > - bypass the panner
> > - deselect 'always copy imported files' in the options menu
> > - open the 'insert exising audio' dialog on the new track
> > - deselect 'copy files to session'
> > - select a 9-ch, 24-bit WAVEX with the same sample rate as the session
> >
> > There should be no reason to copy this file, but still it happens.
>
> that would count as a bug.

:-)

Would the filename/extension matter in any way ? Some are .wav, some
are .amb, same format otherwise and created using libsndfile.

I'm setting up a flashy demo for the Italian AES, 22-24 Nov in Parma.
2nd order AMB recordings (that's the 9 ch) reproduced using 16 speakers.

--
FA

Parma, Italia

Lascia la spina, cogli la rosa.