[ardour-dev] 2.0.2 issues...

Quentin Harley qharley at wbs.co.za
Sat May 12 07:31:08 PDT 2007

Lawrence T. Levine wrote:
> Cop out. :)

Hey... It wasn't always so easy.  64Studio came a very long way in the
past year.  I'm testing the distro for Daniel and Free, and this
upcoming binary release is something to look out for.  At least keep a
"cop out" distro on a separate partition to get your work done while you
are playing with the tough stuff in Red Hat...

Besides, the distro is built on Debian (Proof that it can be done), and
if you really want to suffer, you could just comment out the 64studio
repositories :-D

Good luck then.  I went though it (successfully I might add) more than a
year ago, when SMP and 64bit was still rumors for RT kernels.
I must add however, that I like Free's recent kernels much better.

Like hitting your face against a wall.  Only nice when you stop

Quentin