[ardour-dev] Ardour session state objects

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jul 3 03:14:53 PDT 2007

Just to add to yesterday's question....

An "IO" node (in the .ardour XML file) looks something like this:-

<IO  name="Audio 1"  id="NN"  output-connection="Master Out"  inputs="{}{}"
            gain="1.000000000000"  iolimits="0,0,-1,-1">

The values for "iolimits" seem to be integers in the range -1 up to 2 but
I've no idea what the different integers mean.  Can anyone explain what I'd
need to set them to?  Also, for a "master" IO node (i.e. one representing
the Master Output) how would I know where to route it?  For example, in my
setup, my master node's output looks like this:-

output-connection="out 1+2"

but in some samples that other people sent me, it looked like this

outputs="{alsa_pcm:playback_1}{alsa_pcm:playback_2}"

What is the safest assumption to use - or isn't it important?

Finally, can someone explain what the "Click" node is for - and why it
contains panning, automation, gain etc?

Thanks,

John