[ardour-dev] Ardour session state objects

John Emmas johne53 at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jul 2 03:30:27 PDT 2007

This is probably a question for Paul but someone else might know the
answer....

My AAF->Ardour conversion code is finally nearing completion but so far,
it hasn't managed to produce an XML file that I can successfully load into
Ardour.  One problem is that I need to create a master 'Route', as well as
additional Routes corresponding (I think) to each AudioDiskstream.  As far
as I can tell, the simplest Route consists of a Panner and a Gain control.
Both of these contain something called an 'AutomationList' which looks
something like this (inside the XML file):-

<AutomationList  id="NN"  default="0"  min_yval="0"  max_yval="1"
            max_xval="0"  state="off"  style="Absolute"/>

The value for "default" is sometimes 0 and sometimes 1.  Similarly, the
value for "max_yval" is sometimes 1 and sometimes 2.  Can anyone tell
me what is the significance of these values?

Thanks,

John