[ardour-dev] Liblo causes hang on startup

John Rigg ardev at sound-man.co.uk
Sun Feb 4 14:21:28 PST 2007

I finally got Ardour2 beta11.1 to compile on Debian Etch :-)

However, I find if it's compiled with liblo support, as per
the default SConstruct setting, it hangs for 2 to 3 minutes
before anything happens at startup. Recompiling without liblo
fixed it. I'm guessing that it was looking for non-existent
connections. Is there any reason why liblo support can't be set
to 0 in SConstruct by default?

JAMin did exactly the same thing until I recompiled it
without liblo, so the problem isn't exclusive to Ardour2.

Apart from that minor complaint, it looks pretty darn good!
If my tests over the next week or so go well I hope to
start using it on my production system.

John