[ardour-dev] sync problem

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sun Feb 4 11:43:53 PST 2007

I haven't been running Ardour much lately but I may be recording some
demos soon.  I was playing around with Ardour 0.99.3 and Ardour 2.0
(latest beta tarball) and I noticed a sync problem.  In 0.99.3 when I
record a new track it doesn't align with the earlier tracks.  If I slide
it 2 buffers left it aligns perfectly.  This used to not be a problem.
I've probably missed something.  I tried with positional sync set to
internal and got this problem so I switched to positional sync set to
sync with JACK.  Same problem.  If I set the JACK latency in the JACK
menu to 2048 (what I have for jackd frames/period) it appears to line up
properly.  The same thing happens in 2.0.  Which way am I supposed to
set this?  I'm running jackd 0.102.20.  TIA

Jan

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69

arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in sideways, chardonnay in one hand, chocolate in the other, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride'"