[ardour-dev] ardour 2.0 beta 6.2 - testing (and little info on svn rev 1032)

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Oct 28 05:54:06 PDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 12:15 +1000, Shayne O'Connor wrote:
> * built with vst support, i'm still getting a crash and wine debugging
> output when trying to open a session from an already opened one - it's
> not due to any of my plugins, either, cos it still does it even if i
> move all my vst plugins out of my VST directory. stupidly, i forgot to
> copy the terminal output, but it's something about "pthreads" and
> "can't load module from already open instance". something about "hex",
> too ... can anyone else reproduce this? i'm using
> wine-0.9.22-0ubuntu3.

there is very little we can do about this other than flag certain
versions and packages of Wine as non-functional.

> * in any case, i got sick of VST and decided to try just a normal
> install (one day i wanna finish these songs, dammit, lol) ... but
> still trouble opening a session from already opened one - this time
> segmentation fault. should i build with DEBUG=1? i've never, ever been
> able to get a successful backtrace from ardour, but i'm willing to
> try.

already fixed, but not committed to svn. it will be done today.

> * another thing - opening any session outputs this to the terminal:
> "Transport:Loop is not a toggle".  and, it appears it's not - if you
> click on the Loop button on the Transport, it doesn't highlight like
> it used to - but it does actually loop.

just ignore that message for now, its not important.

> and while i'm here, i may as well report trouble from svn revision
> 1032 - can't open any sessions:

svn is not currently runnable in a useful way. we only try to promise
compilability from svn, not runnability. it will be restored later
today.