[ardour-dev] Keep crashing with Ardour2

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Wed Mar 29 01:38:14 PST 2006

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 00:02:16 +1100
Mr Machine <forums at machinehasnoagenda.com> wrote:

> i got a bit of help from the irc channel on how to use gdb with ardour,
> but of course it won't crash when i run my debug-build of ardour (i
> thought it might pop out a core file, but no). running ardour from the
> command line, the most it will tell me is: user defined signal 2.

SIGUSR2 is sent to apps by an -rt kernel if they requested user enabled
latency tracing. You probably have compiled jackd with
--enable-preemption-check which turns on user enabled latency tracing
around each app's proces callback().

If you don't fully understand what that does, i'd recommend you to turn
it off. It will probably fix your problem. So rebuild jack without that
option.

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!