[ardour-dev] Can't compile 0.99.1 or 0.99.2

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Wed Mar 22 13:48:51 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 23:12 +0200, Emre Meydan wrote:
> Well, i decided to do it "the right way" :) So i removed/uninstalled
> all my music software (jack, qjackctl, ardour, hydrogen) to start
> fresh. Then i first compiled jack (0.100), and installed
> libjack/libjack-dev. After that i compiled qjackctl (0.2.20), and then
> ardour 0.99.2. Everything seemed to compile/install fine. However,
> when i try to run qjackctl, i receive an error message which complains
> about qjackctl not being able to connect to Jack server as a client. I
> didn't have this problem before. Does anybody have any idea what might
> have gone wrong?

You still have some remnants of a previous jack somewhere in your
system. Maybe in /usr/local/lib/ ?

Try:

ls -l /usr/lib/libjack* /usr/local/lib/libjack*

 and
ldd /usr/bin/jackd
ldd /usr/local/bin/jackd

You should only have one jackd installed, preferably (by most) in /usr/
(which means libs in /usr/lib and binaries in /usr/bin/)

--
Sampo Savolainen <v2 at iki.fi>