[ardour-dev] Can't compile 0.99.1 or 0.99.2

Emre Meydan emremeydan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 14:35:18 PST 2006

Thanks Sampo, you guessed it right again.

I found old library files under usr/local/lib and renamed them to make
sure they're not used. But this wasn't enough to get qjack running. It
refused to start, saying that it can't find libjack.so.0.

What i did was to make another copy of the file /usr/lib/libjack.so
with the name libjack.so.0 within the same directory. I had to do it
this way because there was no such thing as libjack.so.0 in usr/lib
(there was one in usr/local/lib but it pointed to the old library).
The way i understand it, these are just shortcuts to the actual
library file (which is libjack-0.100.0.so.0.0.23) so i think the way i
did it wouldn't cause any problems.

And well, qjackctl finally worked. And so did ardour :)

emre