[ardour-dev] Can't compile 0.99.1 or 0.99.2

Emre Meydan emremeydan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 13:12:00 PST 2006

Well, i decided to do it "the right way" :) So i removed/uninstalled
all my music software (jack, qjackctl, ardour, hydrogen) to start
fresh. Then i first compiled jack (0.100), and installed
libjack/libjack-dev. After that i compiled qjackctl (0.2.20), and then
ardour 0.99.2. Everything seemed to compile/install fine. However,
when i try to run qjackctl, i receive an error message which complains
about qjackctl not being able to connect to Jack server as a client. I
didn't have this problem before. Does anybody have any idea what might
have gone wrong?

emre