[ardour-dev] MAJOR commit to ardour2.0

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Jun 14 14:23:10 PDT 2006

The trunk of the ardour2.0 repository has just received a major change
that switches all audio file I/O to use libsndfile (currently a private
copy of the library is used). There is a chance for some breakage of
existing sessions so please be prudent and cautious about using this new
version until we start to get confident that it works. On the other
hand, please test it out and see if does work!

For reference sake, rev 587 is the state of the world before the change,
and rev 588 is a branch in the tags subtree that will maintain the pre-
change state in perpetuity (in ardour2/tags/presndfile).

In terms of functionality, it is now possible to use any file format
supported by libsndfile for ardour's native files; the GUI currently has
only added two new header formats (W64 and Apple's new CAF), but more
are expected.

--p