[ardour-dev] ultra-preliminary alpha ardour2 tarball release available

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Jan 12 06:02:23 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 08:54 +0000, Chris Ross wrote:
> Paul Davis escreveu:
> > You do not need GNOME. You do need glib, gtk, atk and pango for gtk2.6
> > installed. if using packages, make sure you have the development
> > packages, not just the libraries. later might work, but none of the
> > developers have tried 2.8 yet.
>
> OK, I installed the missing packages (libgnomecanvas and libgtkmm IIRC)
> off the SuSE 10 DVD and Ardour now compiles for me. I do get the
> configure message "Checking for internationalization support ...
> This system is not configured for internationalized applications (no
> xgettext command). An english-only version will be built", which I would
> like to fix at some point, being one of the translators and all.
>
> I'm working remotely at the moment, and ardour starts up complains it
> can't connect to Jack (which really isn't running) then segfaults. I
> won't get an opportunity to really us it until this evening.

it sounds to me as though you have never run ardour before. in which
case, i strongly recommend that you avoid testing ardour2.

ardour will never complain about not being able to connect to JACK
unless:

	* you actually do not have JACK installed
	* JACK is installed but misconfigured
	* your system is misconfigured

if you have run ardour before on this machine, ardour2 is not going to
behave (in this particular respect) any differently AFAIK.

--p