[ardour-dev] ultra-preliminary alpha ardour2 tarball release available

Chris Ross chris at tebibyte.org
Thu Jan 12 00:54:07 PST 2006

Paul Davis escreveu:
> You do not need GNOME. You do need glib, gtk, atk and pango for gtk2.6
> installed. if using packages, make sure you have the development
> packages, not just the libraries. later might work, but none of the
> developers have tried 2.8 yet.

OK, I installed the missing packages (libgnomecanvas and libgtkmm IIRC)
off the SuSE 10 DVD and Ardour now compiles for me. I do get the
configure message "Checking for internationalization support ...
This system is not configured for internationalized applications (no
xgettext command). An english-only version will be built", which I would
like to fix at some point, being one of the translators and all.

I'm working remotely at the moment, and ardour starts up complains it
can't connect to Jack (which really isn't running) then segfaults. I
won't get an opportunity to really us it until this evening.

Regards,
Chris R.