[ardour-dev] REX2 or ACIDized wavs for ardour

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Feb 14 08:53:09 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 10:44 -0600, Matt Walker wrote:
> Has anyone thought about / looked into enabling Ardour for acidized wavs or
> rex2 format? I'm not trying to turn Ardour into Fruity Loops, but the
> Drums-on-Demand stuff ( http://www.drumsondemand.com ) sounds and feels
> really nice, and these formats allow you to notch the tempo up or down a bit.
> Recently Propellerhead "opened" their rex2 file format to 3rd party
> developers, but they still don't seem to hip to open source.
>
> Where I can avoid re-inventing the wheel, I'd be interested in researching /
> coding something like this if it could be shoe-horned into the gpl and
> Ardour's object model.

there are two aspects to this:

a) reading these file formats

   This should really be added to libsndfile, so that everyone can use
it

b) timefx stuff

   This is hard to do properly with libsoundtouch. but not impossible.

there may be some stuff about the internals of these formats that
addresses (b) - if so, i am not aware of it yet.

--p