[ardour-dev] REX2 or ACIDized wavs for ardour

Matt Walker ard.walker at divasive.com
Tue Feb 14 08:44:28 PST 2006

Has anyone thought about / looked into enabling Ardour for acidized wavs or
rex2 format? I'm not trying to turn Ardour into Fruity Loops, but the
Drums-on-Demand stuff ( http://www.drumsondemand.com ) sounds and feels
really nice, and these formats allow you to notch the tempo up or down a bit.
Recently Propellerhead "opened" their rex2 file format to 3rd party
developers, but they still don't seem to hip to open source.

Where I can avoid re-inventing the wheel, I'd be interested in researching /
coding something like this if it could be shoe-horned into the gpl and
Ardour's object model.

Just wondering ,

Matt Walker