[ardour-dev] testfarm for ardour2 ( was Re: mac osx universal binaries compilaton)

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Sat Dec 30 12:12:47 PST 2006

En/na Pau Arumi ha escrit:
> at the same time, i want to build ardour2 for macosx and set up
>
> linux and macosx testfarm clients for ardour2 like we do in clam

doing a first set up was pretty easy. here it is:
http://clam.iua.upf.edu/testfarm/ardour2/

by now, with a lonely testfarm client doing no other things than compile
and install.
it also draws a diagram of the compilation time. quite useless, i've
done it just to show
the diagram functionality that could be use for things such as:
* package sizes
* number of warnings
* efficiency tests with callgrind
* code coverage (should unit-tests exist)

this is the client script:
http://clam.iua.upf.edu/testfarm-cvs/examples/ardour_build.py
testfarm is designed in such a way that adding new clients is very
simple, to favor
people contributing with new clients in different architectures/setups.
actually, the
server do not know which are their clients it only organize and presents
data.
however, the current server (10.55.0.50) is inside a private network at
my university
(and copies htmls to the public web server). in the near future i plan
to set up an
open server.

i'm not aware if ardour developers have already discussed the need of
doing some
kind of regression testing.  my experience is that it is useful to start
with black-box,
back-to-back tests. for example:
1. create and interesting set of ardour projects with a short timelint
    to test playlists, automations, plugins...
2. enable a command line to export the mix of a given project (if its
not already there)
3. compare back-to-back the expected audio and the result

does it make any sense?

happy 2006 farewell!
pau

believed to be clean.