[ardour-dev] Exported mix sounds totally different - busses too loud!

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Sun Apr 30 10:56:25 PDT 2006

I'm running from the 0.99.3 tarball.
So I've got a stereo mix I like, I export the session to a WAV file with
the default settings, and...  playing back the wav file sounds
radically different.  Specifically, anything that went through a submix
bus is MUCH louder than anything that went straight into the main bus.

e.g. if I have a lead vocal going to the main bus.
And a bunch of backing vocals feeding a separate bus which then
feeds the main bus.  Sounds great when played back through Ardour.
Export it to a WAV file, play back the WAV and the difference
is not subtle; the backing vocals are I'd guess 6 dB louder than
expected.

Doesn't matter whether I do export session or export range.

Anybody else experiencing this?  I didn't turn up anything
in a search of mantis.

I'll try to reproduce with a minimal test session later tonight.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com