[ardour-dev] [ardour-users] feature idea: draggable measure lines

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Apr 6 09:23:50 PDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 05:03:31PM +0100, Paul Symons wrote:
> Maybe a better interim solution would be something that analysed a track
> and "guestimated" tempo changes? for example, something like this:
>
> 1. select a track to analyse (i.e. a drum track)
> 2. set an approximate tempo marker at all major tempo change points 3.
> code analyses track based on current "guess" tempo (i.e. what the current
> tempo marker value is)

That would be nice, but I was assuming that beat detection would be
harder to write than a UI that lets me do it by hand.
Maybe not?

incidentally, I remembered that GDAM has a pretty decent UI for
doing exactly what I described. That's probably where I got the idea.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com