Fwd: [ardour-dev] Adding audio buses breaks alignment

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Thu Oct 6 15:16:23 PDT 2005

On 10/6/05, Per Sigmond <per at sigmond.no> wrote:

> Q 1: Is it intentional that capture inputs are automatically connected to
> *buses* as well as to tracks? (shouldn't think so, a bug perhaps...)

I recently noticed this, and commented to myself and paul that in most
cases this makes little sense.  It should be a user option, defaulting
to not autoconnect capture inputs to buses.

> Q 2: Is it intentional that connecting a capture input to a bus should have
> this effect on alignment/timing? (this may be a consequence of how things
> works, and may not be a bug :-)

Good question, the latency compensation code appears to be considering
the input latency in a way it shouldn't.  Then again, it could just be
a consequence of the fact that latency compensation can't work
properly on buses.

jlc