[ardour-dev] latency compensation questions

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Thu Mar 31 15:15:51 PST 2005

Basically, we're talking about reporting latency that comes from
an untrackable source outside the system (like a hw effects unit).
The Artificial latency plugin does nothing but report an adjustable
additional latency to ardour so it can compensate for any external
latency in your system.   You would just put this plugin right after
the Insert that routes to the external HW, and set its value.

jlc