[ardour-dev] Re: Beta 28 from CVS mtc??

Per Sigmond per at sigmond.no
Tue Mar 29 01:14:06 PST 2005

Quoting Geoff Beasley <songshop at bizmedia.com.au>:

>  Hey,
>  I compiled Ardour Beta 28 from CVS this morning hoping to test out
> Per's MTC patch. I applied the patches manually last week on 2 machines both
> running Slackware 10, Ardour beta 28, Alsa 1.0.8 and had incredible results!
> Then today I tried the Ardour CVS tarball, running Fedora Core 3 / CCRMA,
> jack 99.54, Alsa 1.0.8 and had mixed results.
>
>  Occasionally when I started playback both machines would sync well,
> but I'd try again and it would be out! It was never consistent; they would
> be out by varying amounts of time and had no pattern.
>
>  Any help or idea's are greatly appreciated!

Just wandering: What latency are you using (jack)?

There are still bugs in the 30-drop-frame code (working on it :-), so you might
want to avoid that for the time being.

Btw, I'm also testing out some new mtc-sending code (master side). It tries to
send all quarter frames at the correct timing, opposed to the bursty quarter
frames transmission we have now. Good results so far here. Hope this (and other
mtc fixes) will be available in a few days.

Regards,
Per.
--
Per Sigmond