[ardour-dev] scons build available for testing

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 08:33:39 PST 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:14:50 -0600, Jack O'Quin <joq at io.com> wrote:
> Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> writes:
>
> > see also http://ardour.org/building.php for more information.
>
> That answers all my questions.  Sorry I missed it before.
>
> > note that DESTDIR is semantically a little different from automake's
> > "make install --prefix=...". but that's primarily because ardour
> > cannot be run after such an "alternate" installation - it needs to
> > know where various configuration and data files have been
> > installed. This is discussed in the info doc for automake, and
> > acknowledged as something that will not work for certain programs.
>
> I don't require that "feature" of `make install --prefix='.  I doubt
> many people do.

Humm...how does 'make install --prefix=' relate to './configure
--prefix='? I'm certain that I've used the latter when I've built
Ardour by hand. Is placing Ardour where I want it no longer supported
at all under SCons at all? If not, then I need to change paths?

Not advocating any changes. Just trying to understand so the next time
I do build I don't get burned too badly.

Thanks,
Mark