[ardour-dev] plugin presets

fons adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Mon Jun 6 10:38:47 PDT 2005

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 05:49:04PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> >- When you add outputs to the 'auditioner' strip, these are
> >  not saved in the session.
>
> which version?

0.9beta29, ardour/gtk 0.589.2, libardour 0.887.1

> yes, the auditioner is really intended to model only a simple
> mono/stereo listening channel. maybe one day it could morph into
> something more complex. the tab for the auditioner in the options
> editor does (or can) contain a full mixer strip for it.

It could morph into a separate window containing things related
to monitoring: volume, listening to selected channels, switching
speakers, an insert for e.g. an Ambisonics decoder, talkback, etc.

> correct. they are they to check out regions/files etc. nothing more.

For Ambisonics I think sooner or later some 'hints' will be required
to tracks and strips. For example a mono PFL, auditioner, effect send
etc. on such a track/strip should either know how to handle the format
or otherwise use the W (mono) channel only.

Anothor nice thing would be some way to 'group' e.g. the 4 channels in
an Ambisonics track so they can be routed as a unit (mixing them up
can lead to *very* confusing results). But this is more a JACK issue.

I'll release some simple Ambisonics plugins (to be used as Ardour
plugins) later today (I still have to write the README :-).

--
FA