[ardour-dev] Fwd: [ardour-users] scripting region placement and import

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Jan 17 11:15:45 PST 2005

Am 17. Januar 2005, 12:01 Uhr (-0500) schrieb Paul Davis:
> sounds like an old version of ardour. ardour doesn't fail to open
> sessions with missing files now.

it's ardour-0.99beta19.

> send me the session file.

I threw it away and can't reproduce the error now. I will resend if i
stumble over it.

When I stop ardour and restart it, it fails to start. I have to kill
and restart jack. The ardour version is from debian unstable and
linked against libjack-0.80. Jack is started with jackstart as a
normal user (capabilities enabled 2.4.26 kernel with lck patch).

Therefore I recompiled libjack and jackd with the most recent version
(and got rid of all the older versions). Trying to ./configure the
ardour-compile (today's version) stops here:

./configure: line 25690: syntax error near unexpected token `$CXXFLAGS,CXXFLAGS'
./configure: line 25690: `AC_UNIQUIFY_FIRST($CXXFLAGS,CXXFLAGS)'
configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for ardour
configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for libs
grisey:~/install/ardour#

If someone knows, what's wrong or needs more information, let me
know. Otherwise I will continue with the older version and try not to
bug the list with already-solved reports.

--
Orm