[ardour-dev] Fwd: [ardour-users] scripting region placement and import

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki eric at zhevny.com
Mon Jan 17 07:54:04 PST 2005

Jesse Chappell wrote:
> Forwarded to ardour-dev from ardour-users....   Orm, this kind of technical
> exchange is better served in ardour-dev (where paul is subscribed)
> jlc

I need this as well as this will be my main mode of using ardour. I
intend to use a python ECI (ecasound) script to select chunks of audio
from a large pool of audio files at random. I haven't set the parameters
  yet, but expect I'll be grabbing anywhere from 1 to 100 chunks (I
guess that would be regions in ardourspeak) for each
composition/session. Once the files are selected I would like to add
them scriptomatically to a new ardour session. I don't need to place
them at specific times, though ... just at the beginning. It would be
nice to also be able to have them pre-grouped as well.

an "add-all-files-in-current-directory" button would be a good interm
solution, but ultimately I'm hoping for a scriptable solution outside
ardour so that I can start up ardour pointing at the newly created
session like: ardour foo-session/. I intend to at least try to develop
such a thing if all the metadata can be handled from python.

-ERic Rz.