[ardour-dev] latest CVS commit

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 05:20:15 PST 2005

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 07:25:32 -0500, Paul Davis
<paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> >I was recording stereo files last evening and noticed that the left
> >(upper) portion of the waveform displayed pretty much in real-time,
> >while the right (lower) seemed to display in chunks about every 5-8
> >seconds. Is this in any way related to this fix?
>
> not really.

OK.

> >Ardour was wokring very nicely. I was running Muse, LinuxSampler,
> >qsampler & Ardour. Everything ran very nicely other than I don't know
> >how to really get these apps to have a common transport.
>
> You can't just switch them all to use JACK transport?

No.

1) I start QJC and Ardour. I set Ardour to Positional Sync-> Sync with
Jack. I push play on QJC and Ardour follows the Jack transport. I hit
pause. Ardour stops. Good so far. I then start Muse. I hit Play in
Jack's transport. Muse moves but Ardour doesn't.

QJC isn't really a transport yet, or at least the version I have
through the Planet isn't. I get play and pause keys, but no rewind,
forward, etc., so anything other than playing from stat to finish
really doesn't work. I'm sure Rui could address these one day if this
was intended to be the real transport for all Jack apps.

NOTE: Without giving it deep thought I'd love it if it was the Jack
transport for all Jack apps. If Ardour, Rosegarden, Muse, by DESIGN
had no transport and were forced to do development using QJC's
transport then it would likely really work for us users.

Cheers,
Mark