[ardour-dev] o'reilly

Geoff Beasley songshop at bizmedia.com.au
Tue Feb 15 16:24:16 PST 2005

I'll chime in here, I am using Ardour everyday now in a professional studio
environment. My hardware is technically performing alot better under linux
thanks to ALSA (better driver than the official drivers) JACK (sensational!)
and Ardour (intuitive, functional, clean... I could go on). I've got 3
machines;
LinFX - JACK Rack (effects) / Ardour (recording) / Jamin (mastering) / Rezound
(cd burning).

LinDAW - Ardour (general DAW duties)

MidiSampler - JACK fst (running Kontakt) / Rosegarden (midi) / ZynaddsubFX
(synths)

If I had reliable MTC and a video server for Adour this would be completely
perfect! As it is I ain't complaining.

Cheers and Good luck with the book, Paul!
Geoff