[ardour-dev] Deafening noise from plugins when auditioning/unmuting

Tom Szilagyi st444 at hszk.bme.hu
Fri Aug 26 14:45:58 PDT 2005

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Per Sigmond wrote:

> With the TAP reverb, the noise comes at the right channel only.

Oh yes, same for me.

> And it seems to be dependent on the combination of plugins. For example this
> does not happen with the L/C/R Delay plugin only or the TAP Chorus only. But
> it happens when both these are active. And it always happens with TAP Reverb.

Wow, that's interesting enough. Unfortunately I didn't have further
time to investigate this since my last post. I would like to abstain
from making hasty statements, but I don't think the plugins are at
fault. At least, not in a trivial way.

If you'd like me to try/confirm something please let me know.
Unfortunately I have currently very little idea as to where the
key to this problem may lie. It is obviously not a denormal issue
with the plugins themselves (obviously... or so I think); and it
has to do something with Jack graph topology/complexity (because
it does not happen on normal tracks). I fear I'm very far from
being expert here.

Tom