[ardour-dev] scons building on a mach environment

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Apr 18 00:53:28 PDT 2005

Hmmm, did not try this before:

Executing(%build): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.53394
+ umask 022
+ cd /usr/src/rpm/BUILD
+ cd ardour-0.9beta29
+ LANG=C
+ export LANG
+ unset DISPLAY
+ scons PREFIX=/usr
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Checking for C header file alsa/asoundlib.h... yes
cat: /proc/cpuinfo: No such file or directory
IndexError: list index out of range:
  File "SConstruct", line 517:
    x86_flags = flag_line.split (": ")[1:][0].split (' ')

This happens when building on a chroot'ed mach environment. I think all
dependencies are there. And /proc is actually mounted. The weird part is
that if I actually chroot there and su - as the proper build user the
build continues with no problem (and a cat /proc/cpuinfo succeeds).

Too late to investigate right now......
-- Fernando