[ardour-dev] Export TOC

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 11:22:35 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm pasting a hand written TOC file that works for me.
I haven't given much thought to improving it but will
do that soon.

CD_DA
CD_TEXT {
  LANGUAGE_MAP {
    0 : EN
  }
  LANGUAGE 0 {
    TITLE "Squib da Casba"
    PERFORMER "Squib"
    DISC_ID "adf"
    UPC_EAN ""
  }
}

TRACK AUDIO
TWO_CHANNEL_AUDIO
NO COPY
PRE_EMPHASIS
CD_TEXT {
  LANGUAGE 0 {
     TITLE "Face Down"
     PERFORMER "squib"
     ISRC "DE-XXX-98-00001"
     }
     }
AUDIOFILE
"/home/studio/clients/squib/master/album-master01.wav"
00:00:00 05:55:21

TRACK AUDIO
TWO_CHANNEL_AUDIO
NO COPY
PRE_EMPHASIS
CD_TEXT {
  LANGUAGE 0 {
     TITLE "Friend"
     PERFORMER "squib"
     ISRC "DE-XXX-98-00001"
     }
     }
AUDIOFILE
"/home/studio/clients/squib/master/album-master01.wav"
05:55:22 05:14:07

TRACK AUDIO
TWO_CHANNEL_AUDIO
NO COPY
PRE_EMPHASIS
CD_TEXT {
  LANGUAGE 0 {
     TITLE "Vandalizer"
     PERFORMER "squib"
     ISRC "DE-XXX-98-00001"
     }
     }
AUDIOFILE
"/home/studio/clients/squib/master/album-master01.wav"
11:10:05 04:31:24

TRACK AUDIO
TWO_CHANNEL_AUDIO
NO COPY
PRE_EMPHASIS
CD_TEXT {
  LANGUAGE 0 {
     TITLE "Cosmic"
     PERFORMER "squib"
     ISRC "DE-XXX-98-00001"
     }
     }
AUDIOFILE
"/home/studio/clients/squib/master/album-master01.wav"
15:42:01 03:05:22

USAGE HINT
You'll notice that the layout butts songs very closely
together. The method for achieving this is to define
the Range Markers and to fine tune them by zooming
way, way into the view. At normal zoom levels it
appears that the regions butt up against eachother.
When zoomed in the time between them and the region
fades become visible.

At that zoom level you can position the Range Markers
with great detail. It seems that regions with clean
starts and finishes, no click or pop, can have the
Range Markers positioned a frame before the region
start and a frame after the region end.

When Range Markers are positioned on the regions
there's a tendancy to create audible endings that are
heard while playing back the CD.

ron