[ardour-dev] Export TOC

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 09:48:22 PDT 2005

Hi,

This is addressed to all devs but I imagine it's
mostly a concern for Nick. I'll be replying to my own
message to add observations as I attempt to use the
interface.

First Impression
I couldn't be happier than am at seeing the locations
interface with support for TOC based on ranges. I
think we need to add some text fields but you've
already started that which is great.

I'm using the Export TOC function which Segfaults
repeatedly after producing the following:
CD_DA
CD_TEXT {
  LANGUAGE_MAP {
    0 : EN
  }
  LANGUAGE 0 {
    TITLE "master01"
  }
}

TRACK AUDIO
NO COPY
PRE_EMPHASIS
ISRC "dfsg"
CD_TEXT {
  LANGUAGE 0 {
     TITLE "friend"
     PERFORMER "squib"
     COMPOSER "squib"

There are three defined CD ranges.

Unfortunately 'scons DEBUG=1' isn't linking properly
or something because I can't get file names and line
numbers in my backtraces using gdb.

Notes:
1. COMPOSER; this field isn't supported by the
hardware driver for my burner. I think the solution is
to offer all available fields but to use a check box
that makes the fields optional. This way we can
produce a TOC for any hardware and it's relevant
driver.

2. CUE file exports are outputing 00:00:00:00. I
couldn't figure out what to do with the CUE file and
hand edited the file to be a TOC. I had to change that
format from hours, minutes, seconds, frames to
00:00:00 minutes, seconds, frames. I'm not sure if
this is a driver issue or what the deal is. I think
00:00:00 is usable because one hour, 1 minute and 2
frames can be expressed as 67:00:02.

I'm gonna keep plodding along and will submit more
reports as I discover things.

ron