[ardour-dev] Mono switch

David Gatwood dgatwood at mac.com
Fri Apr 8 11:16:02 PDT 2005

On Apr 8, 2005, at 8:56 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Hi,
>    Well, I've got the 002 Rack up for sale. We'll see how soon it's
> gone. Anybody here thinking of going the other way? ;-) I wish I had
> some way to capture all the session work in Pro Tools and bring it
> over. That will be hard to recreate later if I need to.

Write a tool to import AAC XML.  Then export as OMF, download the
\AAC SDK, which IIRC includes an OMF to AAC converter if you're
running on certain platforms....  Convert to AAC.  Download the the
AAC XML (XAAC? AACX?) SDK, which IIRC includes an AAC to
AAC XML converter.

You now should have a human-readable EDL that could be parsed
and converted into something Ardour could read without a great deal
of difficulty if someone were willing to write a tool to do so.

David